Ong Chin Peng
General Manager – Finance & Admin
Chin Peng is currently the General Manager of Finance and Admin for the company. He has 36 years of experience in Financial Management. Prior to this Chin Peng was the Chief Financial Officer of Cosway (M) Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Berjaya Group. He graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting, Finance and Systems from the University of New South Wales, Australia in 1983. He is a fellow member of CPA Australia and chartered accountant of Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
He started his career with Ernst & Young in 1983 and left the organisation in 1987 to join DHL Malaysia. He worked in DHL Malaysia for four years before accepting the position of the Regional Planning Manager at DHL South East Asia/Australasia regional office in Singapore. He then joined Cosway (M) Sdn Bhd in August 1994.
He managed Finance and Warehousing functions of the Cosway’s Group as Chief Financial Officer. His key responsibilities included:
- Managing financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting of the Group;
- Managing overall lease operations of Cosway properties under Cosway Group to achieve the set business objectives;
- Leading and managing Malaysian warehousing operations in a high quality, on-time delivery and cost efficient manner to support business plan;
- Managing treasury function of the Group to ensure adequate and sufficient cash and liquidity to meet obligations when falls due;
- Sourcing, engaging and maintaining relationships with financial institutions to ensure availability of finance to support business requirements;
- Managing the corporate risk management and loss prevention of the Group through corporate insurance coverage and internal audits process; and
- Ensuring compliance of Group and relevant government regulations through timely and accurate submission of reports and applications.